What are the Tournament rules?
LIVE TOURNAMENT RULES:
OFFICIAL – MADDEN TOURNAMENT RULES & SCHEDULE
Single Elimination, Bracket Style Tournament
GAMEPLAY SETTINGS ( TOURNAMENT DEFAULT)
Quarter Length: Determined By Round (3 – 5 Minutes)
Game Mode: Regular H2H
Skill Level: All-Madden
Even teams: Off
Game Speed: Normal
Accelerated Clock: Off
Other Settings: Set To Defaults
GAMEPLAY SETTINGS ( ADJUSTABLE SETTINGS)
Players will have 5 mins before the established start time for the round to set the following settings provided that there are no bugs or game imbalances caused within the competition mode.
- Auto Sprint: Default On
- Auto Strafe: Default On
- Heat Seeker: Default On
- Ball Hawk: Default On
- Switch Assist: Default Off
- Autoplay Flip: Off
The tournament schedule will be broken down into 6 rounds progressing until we have a champion. We will begin with Rounds 1-3 playing 3 minute quarters, Quarter and Semi-Final Rounds playing 4 minute quarters, and the Championship and 3rd Place Rounds playing 5 minute quarters
- Players are responsible for bringing their own controllers. If the player does not have a controller, we will have controllers available for rental. The controller will be provided for you at each round you participate in. The rental fee is $25 and is non-refundable.
- Players are suggested to arrive to their designated gaming stations 10 mins prior to their round start time. Game will start promptly at the established start time for the round after game settings are verified and hardware is confirmed functional.
- Players will not be allowed a “Warm-Up” game or practice time.
ROUND 1 (3 Min Quarters)
Round 1 – Group A: 16 Players
Round 1 – Group B: 16 Players
Round 1 – Group C: 16 Players
Round 1 – Group D: 16 Players
ROUND 2 (3 Min Quarters)
Round 2 – Group A: 16 Players
Round 2 – Group B: 16 Players
ROUND 3 (3 Min Quarters)
Round 3 (16 Players): 3:15 – 3:45
QUARTERFINAL ROUND (4 Min Quarters)
Round 4 (8 Players): 4:00 – 4:35
SEMIFINAL ROUND (4 Min Quarters)
Round 5 (4 Players): 4:45 – 5:20
CHAMPIONSHIP ROUNDS (5 Min Quarters)
Round 6 (4 Players): 5:30 – 6:15
- You may use any of the 32 NFL teams from the Madden 2017 roster. No custom or special teams will be used
- You are allowed to change teams and playbooks for each match of the tournament.
- Seeding for the tournament will be done by random draw. All seeding decisions are final.
- Improper Audibles. Players may not audible out of the QB Kneel, Wildcat, Field Goal, or Punt offensive formations.
- Onside Kicks. Onside kicks will only be allowed if you are the person losing the game at the current time. Otherwise they are not allowed.
- Improper Use of Special Team Plays. Special team plays are prohibited from being used as convention base/defensive plays.
Example: Repetitive onside kicks that result in you getting the ball even when you are winning the contest.
- Excessive Offsides Neither the offense nor defense should purposefully go offsides with the intent of delaying the game nor exhibiting unsportsmanlike conduct. Intent is at the sole discretion of the tournament administration.
- Intentional Game Pause/Disconnection . If the player participates in an intentional pause or disconnect from the game and we are not able to reconnect the game, then the loss will be given to the responsible player. It is the sole discretion of the tournament administrator as to what constitutes an intentional game pause or disconnect.
- Unintentional Game Pause/Disconnect. If a player unintentionally disconnect from the game and is not able to reconnect the game then the tournament officials will determine if the game state can be restored then the tournament administrator will use the judgment on how to restart the game.
- Administrative Pause. At any time during the Live Match and administrator may ask a competitor to pause the game for any reason. Players are expected to follow the guidelines promptly and within reason.
- Glitches. Any attempt to glitch the game in order to gain an advantage is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to the following situations.
- Any offsides glitch
- Audibles that cause an unresponsive defense
- Intentionally slowing down a defense at the line of scrimmage to cause an offsides penalty.
Procedure After a Glitch Penalty: In the event that a tournament administrator determines that a penalty was caused by an unauthorized glitch, one or more the following actions will be taken to return the game to a fair state depending on the result of the play.
If the ball wasn’t advanced by the offense OR the result of the play was in favor of the defense (turnover, sack, defensive TD), then the offense will be forced to decline the penalty (in the end, the penalty for a glitch is a loss of down).
If the ball was advanced by the offense, then the offense will be forced to take penalties until they are equal or behind the line of scrimmage at the start of the play where they intentionally glitched (in the end, the penalty for a glitch is a loss of down).
- Screen toggling: No excessive screen toggling will be allowed during the snap of the ball or before a FG or Punt. Abuse of this rule will result in use of time out or in case of FG situation re-kick.
- Mercy Rule. A mercy rule will be in effect for players that are 21 or more points down at the half for that tournament round.
NOTE: This rule will only be applied in the event that the tournament schedule is behind and the next round play is being delayed.
Under no circumstances will unsportsmanlike conduct will allowed and/or tolerated. We will promptly enforce penalties up to and including disqualification of any participants that we find are violating any of the items below.
- Abusive behavior, including harassment and threats is prohibited.
- Gambling, including betting on the outcome of games, is prohibited.
- Collusion is defined as any agreement among two or more Players to disadvantage other Players in the competition. Collusion between Players is strictly prohibited.
- Any form of match-fixing.
- Agreeing to split prize money.
RULE ENFORCEMENT AND PENALTIES
At the discretion of tournament administration, penalties can be assessed for violations of rules or conduct that violates the spirit of a fair competition. Penalties that can be assessed include, but are not limited to the following:
- Verbal warning
- An enforced 5-yard Delay Of Game Penalty (i.e. Delay Of Game)
- Loss of possession (i.e. Forced Punt)
- Automatic Forfeit or Game Loss
- Loss of Prizes.
FAIR PLAY AND COMPETITIVE INTEGRITY
These rules may be modified as necessary during the tournament to add further clarity, correct errors, or address a situation that is not already contained in the rules as of the first publishing. The goal of any edits will be to ensure a fair tournament through consistent rulings.
Winners will be determined by the highest score at the end of each matchup and will move on in the competition. The overall championship will be the winner of the final round at the end of the Tournament. All winners for any competition must be present to claim prizes. If the potential winner is not present or cannot claim the prize for any reason, we will award the prize to a runner-up winner. Raffle and Contest winners will be awarded every hour. Payouts will be made via PayPal directly to players account.
Taxes on the prize, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. No substitution, transfer, or assignment of prize permitted, except that GameFace Etc reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event the offered prize is unavailable. Prize winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and W-9 tax form or W-8 BEN tax form within 10 days of notification. If a selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize or fails to return the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release or W-8 BEN form, the selected winner will forfeit their prize and an alternate winner will be selected. Your odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries we receive. In the event of a dispute all decisions of GameFace Etc final.
Where are the tournaments held?
All tournaments will be held at The Media Block.
6023 S Loop E Fwy, Houston, TX 77033
Do you have customer service?
Of course! Our friendly and knowledgeable customer services reps are available to answer your questions 24/7/365.